Good Morning All,
Yesterday I wrote....

I fear that NIH Funding (and Research, Clinical Trials) may be
delayed this year as the focus has shifted to DoD....

When I checked the "Current Status of FY2001Appropriations Bills"
I was alarmed at the note: Last update: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:55:04 GMT
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/appover2001.html

This was a "faux pas"... I shoulda looked at FY2002!

Status of FY2002 Appropriations Bills
Last update: 09/27/2001 08:41:17
PASSED BY CONGRESS: 0 of 13 ; SIGNED INTO LAW: 0 of 13
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/appover.html

Oh, I was just a year out... Now I feel much bedda...

Seriously... Are we going to wait until it's too late to do anything?

Don't we have goals and principles that we want advanced?

I know there are military actions, major layoffs in the airline and
tourism industries and aid and rebuilding etc. but we have an
infrastructure that must not be abandoned even in these troubled
times...

We need some direction...

Where are the Parkinson's organizations? And, I repeat...
Where is Tommy Thompson?  We need to speak to this man!

Cheers .... murray

* * *

Phil Tompkins directed my attention to the current issue of
The Scientist 15[19]:1, Oct. 1, 2001  (Thankyou Phil)

NEWS: NAS Report Likely Will Stir Debate - Panel calls for more
stem cell lines and for approval of therapeutic cloning
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr2001/oct/agres_p1_011001.html

NEWS: Informing Congress: A Return of the OTA?
Recent stem cell, cloning debates underscore need for impartial
scientific advice
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr2001/oct/agres_p8_011001.html

RESEARCH: Gene Therapists Aim for Parkinson's Disease
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr2001/oct/research1_011001.html

And Yahoo gives us....

NEWS: Swiss Approve Limited Research on Embryo Stem Cells
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/010928/5/b3zo.html

NEWS: Antidepressants May Impede Parkinson's Disease
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/010928/5/b4sd.html

* * *