Hi, all,
Long before PD I read about a study where walking increased bone mass.  I
have osteoporosis as well as PD, starting my 6th yr.   Three yrs ago I
started treadmilling and exercising in water plus Evista and Cal-D.  I have
more bone mass now than I did 3 yrs ago.

I can't take PD meds, but still do mile almost every day, hoping to grow some
new brain cells.  Was interested to find this work by Fred Gage at Salk
Institute in La Jolla, CA,  who my former student, now PD researcher Dr.
Charleen Chu, oftens refers to.

I have tremor, dystonia, bradykinesia, and  micrographia, but am still
driving, walking, taking care of myself, no PD meds.  I started exercising
when it was easier to do.  Know it is hard to get anyone to exercise
consistently, well or not, but felt maybe newly diagnosed PWP might want to
consider  this.

Since I seem to be the only "exerciser" it was good to see some support for
my approach, altho this article only mentions Alzheimers.  If interersted
take a look.
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr2001/may/research2_010528.html