In a message dated 9/29/2001 5:49:49 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Know it is hard to get anyone to exercise
consistently, well or not, but felt maybe newly diagnosed PWP might want to
consider  this. >>

Rayilyn,

I admire you for your dedication to exercise! I too am an exerciser, though
not a super-consistent one, and I can vouch for the fact that when I exercise
I do better and when I don't, I do worse. I don't run, but I walk, do weight
training, and study tai chi. Tai chi in particular is wonderful for balance
and mental focus and to counter stress.

My tai chi teacher has a class geared specially for Parkinson's patients and
some who are more advanced in the disease than I have made wonderful
progress. Their balance and posture are noticeably improved.

Kathleen