Hello Amanda and others,

I have no data on what graduates of such an undergraduate
programme might do, but your question is timely (as our
administrators are fond of saying), as we are in the process of
shepherding through the approval process a proposal of our own.

All being well, students in any arts or science major at Mount Saint
Vincent University will be able to complement their degree with a
Certificate in Professional Writing and Rhetoric -- a six-course
programme the thrust of which sounds rather like Amanda's.   We
have also built Co-op into the certificate   -- optional to begin with,
for practical reasons.  The initial indication from our Co-op co-
ordinator is that our students will be able to take many of the kinds
of positions that are currently offered for Co-op students in the
Public Relations programme, but I don't have much detail.

It will be interesting to keep in touch with one another's programme
initiatives.

Best wishes
Susan

Susan Drain, Ph.D.                      Tel: 902 457 6220
Chair, Department of English            Fax: 902 457 6455
Mount Saint Vincent University          [log in to unmask]
Halifax, NS
Canada B3M 2J6