Jordynn,

Just a bit to add to the discussion so far.  In reviewing the comments,
I'm not sure whether the distinction between Doctoral Fellowships and
Research Grants is being kept in mind.

I received a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship to complete my doctorate in
Rhetoric and Composition, but was continually rejected in applications
for a Research Grant later.  The supporting letters from Rhetoric and
Comp. referees were very strong, but invariably SSHRC went to its own
referees in English, regardless of which category I applied to.  The
combination of English and Rhetoric referees did not work for me.

Of course, my applications may indeed have lacked substance, but I prefer
not to admit that!!

Anyway, you might keep the distinction between Doctoral Fellowship and
Research Grant in mind.

Good luck,

Henry Hubert
                           Henry A. Hubert, Ph.D.
                               Dean of Arts

University College of the Cariboo   |   Phone:   250-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                       |   FAX:     250-371-5510
Kamloops, B. C.                     |   E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
V2C 5N3