. . . And let me be one of the first to say "Welcome to the CASLL list,"
Jordynn!  We have something in common:  I am also a Canadian who did my PhD
work in rhet/comp in the US.  Please feel free to e-mail me anytime to chat.

On another note, many thanks to everyone who responded to my question about
future prospects for rhetoric and communication majors.  The help and
encouragement is much appreciated!  I've forwarded your e-mails to our
curriculum committee, and we're looking forward to following up on some of
your suggestions.  I'll keep you posted on our progress and will be happy to
share our ideas.

Best, Amanda

on 10/17/01 1:18 PM, Jack Selzer at [log in to unmask] wrote:

>> Why not put her on the list now, Jack?
>
> Well, I was hoping you would ask, Russ!  You are both perceptive and
> generous as always.
>
> So I hereby introduce to you Jordynn Jack, rhet/comp student
> extraordinaire (esp with a name like "Jack")--and Canadian to the
> bone.  (She is I believe our second contribution to the group, after
> Christine Skolnik, Canadian-bred who is now at DePaul.) And Jordynn,
> I introduce to you Russ Hunt--and to others in the CASLL/Inkshed
> listserv that I was telling you about.  (Whoever keeps track of
> addresses, please enroll Jordynn; that's her address above.)
>
> I have always wanted to attend Inkshed, so let's look for the
> announcement and see if we can pull it off this spring, Jordynn.  I
> think I know where some $$$ might be--and the lobster sounds
> tempting.  (Anyone want to explain "inkshed" and "CASLL" to Jordynn
> offline?)
>
> Jack

Amanda Goldrick-Jones . . . . . . University of Winnipeg
            Centre for Academic Writing
                   515 Portage Avenue
   Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA, R3B 2E9
     E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
 Phone: 204-786-9848 . . . . . . . Fax:  204-774-4134
http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~caw/amanda.htm