While belatedly reading this thread, I thought to myself, well, well, I suppose
I better get on and write that entry for Steve Harris' Medieval Misconceptions
webpage as I was supposed to do ages ago...And now that Dan Kline has called
ALL of our attentions to it, I guess I really better do it!

I have saved many of the messages on this thread, but if anyone wants to add
anything further to a person who is going to "work up a comprehensive list of
such discredited but persistent myths and post it, post it, post it," please
email me personally at [log in to unmask]

Thanks! And I'm sorry there's no entry on medieval drama on that web page
already!!

Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby
Centenary College

the Middle Ages" webpage, now hosted by ORB at http://www.bede.net/