I hope that you do it!

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Michelle M. Butler
	Sent: Fri 19/10/2001 12:00
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: [Fwd: 12c drama]

	> No, actually might make a nice topic for a session at Leeds or
Zoo:
	> Persistent Myths Concerning Early (pre-Restoration) Drama.
Actually even
	> "early" has a vaguely bothersome feel to it.

	I would be happy to organize such a session if MRDS, EDAM, or
some other
	group wants to sponsor it for a future Kalamazoo.

	My personal favorite ghastly example was in an intro to
literature textbook
	under consideration for a freshman course.  Published in 1999,
it insisted
	that no plays before Shakespeare had any actual dramatic value
and were
	worth considering only as historical curiosities.

	Michelle Butler