I have been struggling to understand the phenomenon of falling in a PWP.
Carline has taken many spills and I have tried to teach her ways to avoid
them. The net is that I am unsuccessful and that somehow she cannot change
her ways to prevent most falls.

My observation is that the principal cause is the bradykinesia or freezing
which is ultimately responsible. I have also observed that because of her
difficulty walking she tends to lean forward to somehow initiate a step. Of
course this does not work but I have not found a way to stop her from
leaning forward. Anybody have any thoughts on preventing falls? She often
uses a walker, but even with it, yesterday she took a spill trying to turn,
where again she tends to try to avoid the foot movement and turns the body
instead which is conceptually just like leaning forward.
I think I understand that it is difficult for her to walk but the
consequences of not moving the feet and then falling are worse.

I also thought the pain of various bruises would cause her to walk very
cautiously but somehow she seems to forget and try to initiate a step but
without moving her feet.

Thanks for any comments,

K-F Etzold cg Carline