Dear Kathrynne,

Thank you for your response...

  First, on B6 over 10 mg caution...doesn't the carbidopa content take care
of that?  My understanding of the caution in the literature is that if
levodopa is taken all by itself, then one must observe the restrictions on
the intake of B6 and certain types of food and fruits.  Regardless, I will
take the caution you have given on B6.

I go into this vitamin rich diet  regimen with the intent of research into
its effects on my sense of well-being.

Back in March 2001 when I was "officially" diagnosed with Parkinson's, I
read the literature very carefully, and to be sure I got the effects only
of sinemet 25/100, I stopped the intake of absolutely all supplemental
vitamins.  Also, even though my neuro's instructions were simply "3 tablets
daily before a meal," I decided to divide the 24 hours into three
eight-hour period, and took each pill within 5 minutes of each period, on
empty stomach.

My observation has been that over the past six months, the intake of
sinemet did make an appreciable difference in my "feeling of well-being,"
the literature calls a "false sense of well-being." However, I did not have
a sense of improvement on my other symptoms (hand tremors, freezing on my
feet, impaired speech).

Starting in October 2001, I am back into my intake sinemet 25/100 plus
vitamin supplementals, this time with special emphasis on B6 and B12, and
SAM-e, with your caution on the time to take B6 (100 mg).

I am surprised that you are the only one who has responded to my email, and
I do not know what that means.

Does the non-response mean that only you is interested in this particular
subject, i.e. the effect of vitamin b6, b12, and SAM-e on the production of
dopamine, which should then translate into decrease in the symptoms?

I have looked into your website, and I do not see any reference to such a
research.  I am hoping more response from those on the listserv, so a group
of us could start our own research.

Nilo