                                                Love Fading

Clouds hover low overhead
hiding the sky, making sure
no sun rays at all are able to come through
to brighten the day.
the air looks blue,
making hills appear fuzzy and far
gloomy weather to match my mood
rain drops hit the windshield
matching the tears falling from my heart
An embarrassed store clerk blurts out an apology
when I open my wallet and find
an old faded picture of you, looking out at me.
Faded and worn, from so many wettings in that old river,
but ironically, your face is untouched
letting me see the angel I love and miss so much
back when she used to love me, and life was younger.
I know we still love each other,
but I wonder if that is enough
so many hurtful words, flung in anger,
striking deep into both our hearts.
Will we be able to survive as a couple,
or will we just drift apart,
looking for something we no longer have
but that we both need so desperately
sometimes it seems like our life mimics nature
In our spring, the whole world shined brightly with our new love
smiles and laughter bubbled out from us, to spread cheerfulness to all around.
Summer came, and in it’s hot long days, we never noticed the leaves of our love
were gradually fading, until finally the fall came
and the bright amber and reds of our love’s leaves
made it impossible to ignore that time was fleeing
and our love was beginning to leave as well.
I wonder if you slipped away from me,
or I slipped away from you.
How could something so strong simply vanish,
or is it hiding to emerge stronger than ever.
Will our sun shine on us again,
or has the winter of despair already come to us,
leaving us both alone, and lonely.

bob armentrout 2001

This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
http://www.mwt.net/