I, too, can no longer run. In my case, it is not such a
loss, as I was never good at it, anyway. On bad days,
walking is a chore; I drag around my right side and look
and feel like Quasimodo. Instead of chopping wood and using
a chainsaw, I mop floors and pick up after the dogs for
exercise. I shudder to think what havoc me and a chainsaw
could produce, although in another life (pre-PD)I used to
be damned good at chopping wood. We are still waiting for
the leaves to turn here in Connecticut. They are
uncharacteristically late this year, but they promise to be
glorious. I think life is a series of small losses, which
the Parkinson's accelerates, so my friend Michel gives sage
advice when he tells us to seize the day. It is a beautiful
October morning, the roadside stands I pass on  my way to
my now part-time job will be piled with pumpkins, I am
wearing my favorite red sweater, and life is good. If this
is the autumn of my life, I plan to enjoy it.
Carole Hercun
55/51/(?)37
BTW, I love to read your posts...such evocative word
pictures.