To anyone seeking information about PD in the internet, I invite you
to try my web site http://www.pdindex.org.  As you will see, it's an
attempt to present an extensive collection of links to other people's
and organizations' web pages by the topics which the web pages
contain, like the table of contents and index to a book.

Because PD takes its toll on my time, energy and ability to
concentrate, I'm looking for someone who would be interested in
taking over the tasks of technical modernization of the site's
software as well as keeping the information up to date and providing
for the site's meager financial support.  Otherwise I will have to
abandon the site, as I'm becoming unable to keep it updated.

The software is home grown, and consists of data files maintained in
WordPerfect for DOS, programs written in the DOS language GAWK which
convert (match, sort, format) the data files to web pages, and some
DOS batch files that control the processing.  Ideally the files
should be put in an EXCEL or similar data base and the processing to
create the web pages should be done with an up to date programming
facility.  You won't have to learn the old programs -- I will provide
the processing algorithms.

The financial support consists of paying the domain registration and
the web hosting fees.

The tasks could be split among several people, e.g., one to do the
programming, one to locate new on-line data sources, and one to do
the content indexing.

I will be available for transitional support as required.

Any takers?

Phil Tompkins