Does anyone know anything about swan-neck deformity? I was told by a hand
surgeon that it was caused by a slipped tendon and could easily be repaired
with surgery. My MDS says it is dystonia and surgery won't help. I have been
unable to find any material on dystonia that resembles this condition. It
causes my ring and little finger on my left hand not to bend easily at the
middle knuckle. I am 54, female, diagnosed in May of this year after two
years of mild symptoms (slight intention tremor and slow movement-left hand-
with little arm swing.) I went to the doctor because I could not grasp
anything with my left hand. I am taking Permax .25mg four times a day. It
has fixed the slow movement and arm swing. Thanks for your help.
Pam