   Hello Mirray/list:

 I used to be a runner...

 less as 'middle age' happened--not any more

  One of my first PD symptoms was a gait problem.
 I have been conservative with my medications
 and the limp/gate  is restored to normal, for a few hours
 in the afternoon. It beats dragging my left side around
 when off of medications. I am no longer a runner.

 But,  I get out and exercise until my Dopamine supply is depleted.

 Now, currently, most exercise is when I'm
 gathering firewood for the winter.
 I've mechanized the process as much as possible
 with my tractor and wagon.

 Running a chainsaw is only when feel I can handle it
 and I get setup so I don't walk with it.
 My 15 year old just got trained in and I supervise closely
 --as scary as letting him drive.

 Projects don't get done as fast nowadays, but,
 I try to accomplish one (physical) thing a day,
 without cutting off my yadata yadata ....

 Yesterday was pumpkin harvest.
 I no longer appreciate walking in tall grass,
 but, it was an incredible fall day
 amid the leaves  and color.

 Fall is becoming a metaphor for
 my Mother's last days--
 I do what I can.

 Ray  (watching the fall colors)

"if one of us is chained--
 none of us are Free"

--Ray Charles

Murray Charters wrote:

> Greetings to Y'All,
> The latest thread on PD and Running seems to have few that do
> run at all... I usedta run and still do a little, but I wouldn't think
> of recommending we all start joggin'....  But, that said, I do
> believe we are probably guilty of under-exercising...
>
> Exercise is good for us, for our overall health, for our self esteem,
> yadata yadata yadata....  Sooo... what are we waiting for???
>
> Shouldn't we all be walking 30 minutes a day?  or swimming?  or??
>
> You know... The Surgeon General sez... more yadata yadata ....
>
> (gettin' out a "murray" doll 'n stickin' pins in it is not good exercise)
>
> Cheers ........ murray

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design
 -----------------(   on  the Edge of the Prairie Abyss  )---------------