NILO SARMIENTO wrote:

> last week, i saw my neuro, and asked him about SAM-e; he said he had heard
> a lot of good things about it. I asked him if it would be OK for me to take
> it.  He said, "OK, and let me know what you think of it."
>
> I am currently on sinemet 25/100, 3 times before a meal.  Just lately, a
> fellow staff member who is very much into the Vitamin B family asked me if
> I was taking Vitamin B...I said, No.  I got curious, and did some reading,
> and found that B6 and B12 was good for the nervous system [excerpt
> below]...and I proceeded to click on the link SAM-e.
>
> To make a long story short, when I receive my shipment of SAM-e 400mg
> tomorrow or early next week, I going to include that as part of my regimen,
> along with the Vitamin B6 and B12.
>
> if any of you has tried this, i'd like to know from your own personal
> experience what the results have been.

Dear Nilo,
A B-complex is often a good idea for people with PD; however, if the B6
content is greater than 10 mg, you need to take it separately from the
Sinemet. Small amounts of B6 are fine to take anytime, but a very large
amount will interfere with the levodopa content of your Sinemet. I would
take the Sinemet at least one hour before the B complex, or try taking
the B complex before bed at night.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Ask the Parkinson Dietitian"
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/