From: "vmehra" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 12:38 PM
Subject: Hello

Dear All,
I have joined this list about 2 months back. My Dad has PD for 7 years and
died in 1999. He was 59 when he died.
Everyday as I read your messages, I learn so much more about the desease. We
did not at that time have access to information which everyone now seems to
have. He had toe curling and we didnt even realize that it could be cured.
He used to faint often and that too we didnt get cured.
I didn't even know that this list existed at that time. I know he would have
been interested in Stem cell research.
His PD progressed really fast and before we knew it he was completely unable
to move by himself or eat on his own etc.
Just sometimes wish I had known more about PD or that I could have helped
him better.
Take care all
Lavanya