I don't often post to the list, but Mike's letter riled me. I can only hope
your comments were meant to be humorous even if in very bad taste.

Between the PD and the drugs, there is not a whole lot of life left over.
If I had not got disability I sure as nuts are nuts would have been fired
for incompetence.  How am I going to get to work if I can't drive the 60Km
(37 miles)? How am I going to work if I can't write?  How am I going to work
if I freeze on the spot halfway to the office?  Amongst the members of this
list we could add another 100 barriers.  If I had been fired how would I
have fed and clothed my family?

The bureaucrats think of PD as a disease where people shake - what's the
hardship in that.  To go to them looking normal they are going to have this
belief reinforced.  The whole process of applying for disability is
traumatic enough without having some petty clerk looking down his/her nose
at you.

Having got disability you now have to deal with the fact that you are no
longer a useful member of society.  At normal retirement age you expect to
have to stop work, but at 45?  There are many days that I feel I could do a
days work, well perhaps an hour or two and I feel guilty not contributing to
society with my labour.  But there are many more when I could not do any
proper work at all.

If the letter was not in humour, take ME off the list - I don't wish to be
associated with this type of person

Regards,

 DaveSA