Katie,  I sympathize with you in your confusion concerning the MDS's
decision that you do not have PD.  I assume that you did not ask why they
thought this.  The question is valid but it does upset many professional
people.  My neuro twice increased my Sinemet dosage when I felt the symptoms
were under control.  The first time his answer was that he detected a slight
change in my gait. Six months later he said he was increasing the dosage
because "it will slow down the progress of the PD." He is no longer my
neuro.  I persuaded my GP to work with me and he is learning with me.  I am
not convinced that I have PD but searching for a new name does nothing to
relieve the symptoms.  I am 84 and feel lucky that I still have "symptoms".
I urge you and all other PWP's to question the basis for every medical
decision.  If you don't understand the answer, write it down and go to your
computer for help.  In doing so you will be helping all of us.  Peace, Bob
Berger