Good Morning All,
I have been sidelined for a few days with a back injury.

Last Wednesday morning I awoke, hooked my heel on the edge
of the mattress as usual, and found I could not move, much
less get up and go to work... extreme lower back pain,
some pins and needles in my right butt cheek, pain radiating
down my right leg, some numbness in my right foot, I was a
mess!

I crawled on my hands and knees, used my arms to "wrestle"
myself up the kitchen counter to get my meds, crawled to
the bathroom, more "wrasslin'", and crawled back to bed...

Brenda went to work and I stayed home...

When she got home she said "Well, what did the dr. say?"

"Doctor?"

Thursday morning I awoke to find Seven of Nine hovering
over me... Resistance was futile, I "complied" and off to
the GP, X Ray, & Physiotherapist we went!

Prognosis?

Bulged disk at Lower Lumbar (L5 -S1) pressing on the
nerve stem... well known in my trade as "Elevator Back".

Parkinson's related?
No... The same side is affected but this condition is
not Parkinson's...

What then?
It's a degenerative injury caused by overweight, out
of shape, still think ya can lift anything, sittin'
around (in the car, at the computer, at work, at night
school, at home watchin' too much CNN etc.) poor posture,
compression over the years...

What is the "fix"?
Remember my post last month on "Exercise, What are We
Waiting For?"...

What is the "immediate action"?
I've been horizontal for four days now on some mind
numbing pain killers and muscle relaxants...
(finally gettin' lots of sleep)

Physio on the horizontal plane...

Walk with crutches to the dr. & to physio...

Allowed to stand for brief periods primarily to eat...
(I'm standing at the counter writing this on my co.
laptop, it's 4AM 'n Brenda's snoozin')

Not allowed to sit at all... 'cept for potty...

What is the "long term action"?
Modified diet, swim, walk, conditioning regime,
new shoes, new orthotics, ergonomic back pad for car
seat, ergonomic chair at home, basically "look after
m'self" a whole lot better...

And if'n I don't?
Instant replay... or... Heaven forbid... risk
permanent damage to nerve stem and possibly,
back surgery!

Exercise?  What are we waitin' for??

Cheers ....  murray