I am writing re Don Adams' post on this subject. I tried sending this message
earlier and it was blocked for not being on PD. Given the myriad messages not
on PD since, I thought I would try again because I believe that the message
needs to be delivered. This is what I wrote:

Dear List:

I ordinarily try to stay out of this kind of fray. My sensibilities are so
insulted that I would like to add that the use of the terms "girly-boy" and
"fuzzy minded female" are, short of four letter expletives, about as
inappropriate as one can get in ANY forum,
not just this list. I would think that an apology is in order or the poster
should be suspended. We have had lots of arguments in our time about the
appropriateness of posting about flamingos and suicide and religion and war.
This level of boorishness brooks no argument.

Paul H. Lauer