Ariela, thank you for your post.  I'm hoping no one thought I was advising
immediate exercise for a back injury and I'm not qualified to be making
suggestions re Murray's injury anyway.

I see now how misleading my remarks re weight, exercise and water therapy
must have been.  I had "prevention" in mind and was only trying to offer
encouragement for anyone who can, to do it.   You can't exercise if you can't
move and  it certainly would exacerbate a back injury. Your suggestions sound
great.  Sorry for misleading remarks, Rayilyn