Dystonia in my right foot was the first sign that I had Parkinson's disease
about nine years ago.  It tends to cramp up the most when I walked on hard
flat surfaces.  When my Sinemet is working, I usually have no trouble, but
when it has worn off, I can't walk.  I wait for the Sinemet to work every
morning so that I can walk and then make sure I take my medicine on time
through the day.  If I'm tired or sick, nothing works, and I get the cramps
in spite of the Sinemet.

Before it got this bad, what helped a lot was an orthotic insert for my shoe.
 You would need to contact someone who makes orthodic devices.  The insert is
thickest under the front ball of of my foot so that it forces the toes to
straighten out rather than turn under.  It cost about $75.  Also, using a
shoe horn and putting on a pair of good athletic shoes as soon as I wake up
sometimes delays the cramping long enough for my medicine to take over.

I was interested to hear about buclofen and am going to talk to my doctor
about it at my next appointment.

I read the e-mail on this site but don't often say anything.  I'd like to
thank all of you for being there - you've been a great help.

janice Glidden
54/8