Hello,  Perhaps I didn't make myself clears regarding the Prednesone.  Here
is what has been the history of my use.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and it
has affected my hands.  A year ago now my hands were so cramped that I could
not open them and my fingers were closed into a partial fist.  My M.D.
started me on 20 mg of pred.  and it helped.  A month latter he reduced the
dosage to 10mg.  At Christmas time he passed away suddenly.  I began going to
an orthopedic surgeon who kept me on the pred. but reduced the dosage to 5
mg. hoping that would suffice.  It didn't so he increased it back to 10 mg.
I have never been off it completely.  I am trying to be as independent as I
can with care concerning the effects of the PD so want be able to have my
hands work as well as possible.  I have carpal tunnet syndrome in the right
wrist and the pain in the left hand is caused by arthritis in my neck.  I
have had imaging of both hands.  I do NOT want to go off the steriod until I
can do it gradually and only under a doctor's supervision.  I am 72 and
realize the dangers but know what the alternative is if I should drop it
altogether.  I do have a wrist brace.  As far as other drugs I take sinemet,
mirapex, and diurel.  No pain killer except tylenol arthritis occassionly.
We went to a new MD after our doctor passed away (49 years old of a heart
attack) and that doctor has now left the area so we are searching again.
Kind of disheartening.  I also have a support for my toes which I have in my
shoes.  I'm open to any and all suggestions.  Thanks for caring.  Marilyn