I received two messages recently that I'd like to share with the list.
The first is a short story by David Boots. Read and think about what
David is saying first, then please  also read the second forwarded
message.
Linda Herman

The Waiting Game
by David Boots

Two men sat on the bench in mid-America awaiting the next bus, each lost
in
his own thoughts.

One man was going to his first PD Support Meeting (his only outing from
his
isolated farmhouse in the country in many months after his disease had
finally been correctly identified).

The other had to get out of his apartment to try and shake off the images
the TV had been bombarding him with over the last several days.

"Terrible, isn't it?"
"Yeah, hard to imagine what people must go through"
"People have to be tough to survive this sort of tragedy"
"It's things like this that make you wonder how someone could allow this
type of suffering"
"I hear there are people who want to help"
"Yeah, but there are others who feel smothered by all the emotions and
physical challenges and keep their distance, pretending nothing happened"
"That's not right...it happened and you just have to keep going ....
though
your life is most certainly changed forever"
"You're correct there, life will never be the same"

The bus pulled up just then and one of the men got on. As he turned to
say
farewell to his friend, he noticed his friends hands were shaking and he
said "Hey, buddy, don't worry..they think they know who caused all this
and
they're going after him...hang in there".

As the bus pulled away, the old man sat there trying to imagine a
concentrated effort to rid the world of the horrors of PD. It seemed
people
were always distracted by some other world event.......