Hi folks;
    I am a 57 year old male; first symptom(lack of arm swing)
at 50; diagnosed at 52.  First treatment - last year I took
Artane (2-4 mg twice a day) for nine months.  Then I stopped
using that horrible stuff - negative effects on mental acuity,
general unpleasantness, not too effective either.  For 2
months I did nothing and then I was back to where I was before
starting Artane.  Considered going for some other allopathic
remedy; decided against it for now.  Next I went to a trad-
itional Chinese doctor and have been using chinese herbal
remedies since (about 9 months now).  I am very happy with it!
This doctor also does acupuncture but thinks it would be a
waste of time for Parkinson's.  Also learned that ginseng is
a no-no for Park's.  The herbs make me feel fine in all depts.
except for tremor, which the doctor admits he can do little
about.  Otherwise I'm taking multi-vitamins, extra C, MSM,
and for general well-being: plenty of cannabis leaf baked
into whole-grain bread (not the expensive, potent buds BC is
famous for).
    Best wishes to everybody on the list! May we all profit
from our adventures with this strange condition!  I am also
interested in the effects of psychological states on tremor.
    Michael