Michael G.:  Thank you for your message.  Artane - My Medication Handbook
says this is in oldest class of PD medicines, first used in last century,
provides mild benefit and limited because of side effects.  Did you ever ask
the doctor why he selected this medicine?  Acupuncture - Did the Chinese
doctor say why he thought this would be a waste of time?  Personal
experience or opinion of others? Ginseng - My multivitamin tablet contains
both ginseng and ginkgo biloba.  Did he say why ginseng is a no-no for
Park's? Dangerous or ineffective? Cannabis - Did the doctor prescribe this
or was this your own idea?  I share with you an interest in the effects of
psychological states on tremor.  I know from experience that stress caused
by worry, fear or impatience does turn on the shakes or exacerbates them if
they are already turned on.  I sometimes go to sleep with the tremors but I
have never awakened with them.  The Sept. 11 news reports turned them on.  I
also know from experience that these same phenomena also affect my blood
sugar readings and my blood pressure.  My BS readings indicated diabetes
until I learned how to test myself and are now within acceptable limits.
What has been your experience? I am 84 and do not know how long I have been
a PWP since I thought the symptoms were causd by old age.  Two years ago my
GP started me on Sinemet 25/100 once a day.  Six months later the neuro
increased it to two per day over my objections.  Six months after that the
neuro prescribed it three times a day. When I objected, he said it would
slow down the progress of the PD.  He is no longer my neuro. I am
self-sufficient, drive my car (with caution), exercise daily and participate
in two support groups (PD and Grief).  When my aging libido permits, sexual
excitement does turn off the tremors.  I hope I have not offended you with
my questions and comments and I hope to have a continued discussion with you
.  It is time for bed.  Have a good Monday.  Peace, Bob Berger