I thought it interesting that this topic has come up just now. I was just
at my and my mother's eye doctor's office yesterday for an exam and
discussed with him my mother's glaucoma. My mother is my PWP. She has less
than 20% of her vision in one eye and the other eye, while better, is not
great. Since glaucoma runs in my family, I wanted to know what happened to
her eye sight. It appears that she lost all of that vision over the space
of about 3-4 years. The cause was either that she just couldn't remember to
take her eye drops or that she didn't want to be bothered with it. So
please, please, if you have glaucoma and have a hard time remembering to
take medicines, find someone who will be a memory jog for you. I would have
helped her, but I had no idea. Now almost 20 years later at 82, there is
very little she can do and reading, which has always been a favorite
pasttime, is barely possible.

Susan cocg Elizabeth 62/71/82