I was reading an account of one woman's DBS experience from her son. The two
suggestions I took away from that report was that his mother would have done
better at the beginning of the surgical procedure if she had been briefly
made unaware (by chemical means) to avoid the sound of a drill penetrating
her skull. Additionally, while in the recovery room she was administered
generic sinemet which she was not very responsive to, because she failed to
mention or was not asked what medication she was taking specifically, the
overall message here, being that you do not assume anything before such a
serious operation.

I am in the business of health education for Medicaid recipients. We are
always trying to refine a simple list of questions for folks to take to
their doctor as a precaution against overlooking something that needs to be
asked or unintended intimidation by the doctor.

If my memory serves me, there was something about a second operation for the
other side because of somekind of bleeding in that region.

I subscribe to Dr. Abe Leiberman's PD Digest and pick up a lot of info this
way. That address is [log in to unmask] A couple of months ago,
I copied the entire report I am referring to above, but have since, deleted
it. You might ask for a copy from this pd service.

Jann