Rayilyn and George,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with weights. I sometimes put a 2
1/2 lb leg weight on my right ankle (symptomatic side) to help me drive.
Sometimes my foot gets stuck and I'm slow moving between the gas and
brake. The weight also improves my gait when I'm off.

The weight appears to help me better orient my foot in space. I think
both of you have had  similar experiences. The reason we sometimes trip
is that we lose track of how far off the floor we have raised our foot.
I'm constantly stubbing my toe on the shower door. The weight helps us
focus on where the foot is.

One of the things impaired with PD is the ability to sense joint
position and speed of movement. My theory is that the weights increases
the strength of this sensing signal back to the brain and thus improves
movement.

I can also restore arm swing by putting the weight on my wrist.

Will Johnston posted his experience a couple of years ago where he was
unable to raise his empty hand above his head, yet could lift a 5 lb.
dumbell above his head with ease. He also found that there was a window
where the greater the weight, the faster that he could move.

I'd like to hear more from others on the list that have had positive
experiences with weights.