Hello Phil,

I too have experienced benefits from weight training. Even before PD, I
favored my right side over my left and was stronger on that side. Weight work
has helped to even out my strength and balance. Since I work with weights
using both arms or both legs simultaneously, this seems to have the effect of
allowing my right (better) side to "teach" my left side what to do.

Like you, I have the sense that the weights are reminding my brain where the
rest of me is.  Plus, I've got muscles!

Speed is something I've only recently become aware of thanks to the list.
After reading several posts, I realized that when I push myself to hurry, I
seem to get past a threshold and then things get easier.

Maybe it's time to take up jogging again!

Kathleen