Im hoping we can continue  the list discussion about cutting back on work
hours/ retiring. People have raised some important issues, that i think
applies to many of us.

Carol Hercun wrote:
<<As one who is also progressing (?) on that road from
lessability to disability and wondering where all the road
signs are, I also find the List a lifeline....>>

I agree Carol, this is unchartered territory. I'd guess people
eventually come to realize for themselves when they have reached the
point where the difficulties of working either full or part time with PD
outweigh their reasons for continuing to work as they have been.
For those that want to continue working, I wonder how many request
accomodations, such as the ones suggested by JAN? How many actually
receive them?  How many have full support from their employers and
co-workers?

For those who want to cut back on their work  hours,  there are other
issues that need to be considered.  I worked part time for many years
while my kids were young and in my field at least, very few employers
offer any benefits, such as sick leave, health insurance, retirement
plans, etc. to part-timers.
 I think this is probably  true for most workers in the U.S.   I'm sure
many chronically ill people continue to work full time past the point
where they should consider cutting back, in order not to loose  health
insurance  for themselves and their families.  Maybe the situation is
different in other countries?

Also - if one chooses to either cut back on hours or quit a job, due to
"lessability" before being officially declared  disabled,  what effect
could this have on later entitlement to social security or other
disability benefits?  Are there any suggested guidelines for going about
this, so as not to jeopardize future entitlement or benefits?

Thanks for any responses,
Linda