"When Parkinson's Strikes Early" Voices, Choices, Resources and Treatment

by Barbara Blake-Krebs, M.A. and Linda Herman, M.L.S.

foreword by Susan Reese, R.N., LCSW  Coordinator of APDA Young Onset
Information and Referral Center

"...your book truly put a face on this disorder and I thank you." Judith
Horowitz, Ph.D.  Assistant Professor of Psychology and Parkinson's
researcher, Medaille College

"...There is a wealth of experience and depth of understanding about living
with the condition to be learned from this clearly laid out book." Emma
Bennion  Chairman of YAPP&Rs, 1997-2000
--------------------
I just finished reading "When Parkinson's Strikes Early," a book written by 2
of our own list members and based on actual posts written by other Parkinsn
List members themselves.

Many parts were so mesmerizing I read them two and three times.  The authors
chose some of the most poignant, revealing and informative posts to include
in their book. They received permissions to include all selections from the
writers of the postings beforehand. What made this so special to read is that
it was written by people who are on this list-some of whom I've met and many
whom I only recognize by their name - all of whom I felt I knew by the time I
finished reading.

The book is coordinated according to subject, and specific individuals posts
from the Listserv are quoted under each subject heading.  It is a masterpiece
of organization and an ingenious way to follow a thread.

In the back it offers a guide to pd information worldwide.

I highly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in pd. (I bought 3
copies as holiday gifts.)