After having just spent a week at NIH to participate in a PD protocol and
having my blood pressure taken every 4 hours and usually in three positions
(lying down, sitting up, standing), it was explained to me that Parkinson's
alters ones autonomic responses and that's why they were checking BP.
Although my BP didn't seem to fluctuate wildly, they assured me that many
PWP did; my roommate's did!  So maybe your resting rate is just another
reflection of the effects of PD on your autonomic system.
C.C.
(48-37-30)