Dear group:

This came to me from another mailing list I belong to.  My father is the
PWP.  He is 72 just diagnosed but with symptoms that may reach back ten
years.

Michael in Tampa

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PANUPS:  Parkinson's Disease Possibly Linked to Pesticide
Exposure

P A N U P S
Pesticide Action Network Updates Service

Parkinson's Disease Possibly Linked to Pesticide Exposure

September 28, 2001

Recent research into the causes of Parkinson's disease suggests that
inheritance, age and environmental exposures may all be important
factors. In particular, numerous studies conducted over the past two
years have shown that there may be a link between pesticide exposure
and loss of neurological functions associated with Parkinson's.

Parkinson's disease is a progressive, incurable ailment. It is the
second most common neurodegenerative disorder in the United States
after Alzheimer's and affects more than a million people, including about
1% of the population over age 60. Despite years of research, neither
definitive causes of the disease nor effective long-term treatments
have been found.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo