Dear Joan,

Forgive me for appearing facetious and/or blunt.  Actually, I am very
serious about this subject, and, like the rest of us, you deserve an answer.

Frankly, I could be very mistaken, but my guess is the answer to your
question will probably be, "We don't know".  And since we are constantly
asked to make donations toward a cure, my guess is they(the
medical-scientific community) will probably have a known cure before they
have a cause!

 We don't know that answer any more than we know whether microwaves or
viruses or pesticides or intense stress or trauma, or a combination of,
etc., are truly responsible for either a direct diagnosis or one that places
the patient under the PD umbrella.  It is because of so many variables that
we have the HOW DID WE GET HERE ANYWAY SURVEY.

We developed the HOW survey to search for commonalities among us, to give
ourselves the opportunity to look at some potentials.  So often we have no
say in what is happening to us.  This finally gives us the opportunity to
participate!

After I send this, Joan, I'll send you a copy of the survey cover letter.
If  you would like a survey, I can send it to you over email, plain text
attachment, etc. It has been on PIEN for a number of months and closes
within the second week of Nov.

Before I close,  I would like you to know that PIEN has a couple of resident
neuros and a renowned PD dietician who do wonderful jobs assisting us.
Hopefully, you will hear from them, too.

E of the headdress