Well Parkinsonians, it was almost a week ago that I put a DBS survey out
on the LIST.  Am I perhaps to believe that not many survive the "ordeal",
because I received only one  reply!  I had more people who were
interested in the results, and I am sure they are as disappointed as I am
in the nonparticipation.  Did  I do something wrong?   Did I ask the
wrong questions? Or are you all so happy with your "new life" that you
don't have time to sit down at the computer?!  I'll try it again,  if you
have had DBS surgery the Rockford Young Parkinson's Support Group would
like to know about your  experience, whether it is negative or positive.
As I said before, you may reply either  to the LIST or to me personally :

Sharon Habing, facilitator
Rockford Young Parkinson

DBS survey

Age

Age at diagnosis

Parkinson's symptoms/medications taken before DBS

Other medical conditions for which you take medication/medication taken

Previous surgical interventions - Pallidotomy, Thalamotomy, other

Date of DBS month/year

Parkinson's symptoms/medication taken after DBS at
   2 months

   6 months

   1 year

   Today

If it was yours to do over, would you undergo this procedure.  Why or why
not?  Please explain your feelings about this surgery as it pertains to
you and your particular situation