    Do  any of you physician or other people out there have an opinion on this:  Three times between June and August I had a health care professional who was new to me take my resting pulse rate and express alarm because it was 120 (2 of them) & 128 (the 3rd).  They were a new GP,  a doctor at the VA, and a home physical therapist [PT] from the Visiting Nurses Assn.
    I have always had a high resting heart rate - 80 to 90 back pre- 1996 when I used to run 15 to 20 miles per week.  I recall that Bjorn Bjorg, the tennis player had a resting heart rate of 50.
    I went to a cardiologist in August, who hooked me up to a 24 hour heart rate monitor.  Plus he ordered a Thyroid test, an echo cardiogram, and a cardiogram.  All were normal + heart rate monitor showed a steady 100 rate.  His conclusion was that since Normal is 60 - 100, my rate of 100 is normal.
    Meanwhile the PT checked it at her last visit about a month ago & it was 120.  Do I need a second opinion?  I'm 55.
THANKS !!,  BBA