Sharon, Rick, Charles, Jann and others:

Txs for your replies as to your support group events and successes.  We
are meeting in a room in the county health department and they hold a deposit check on the room which is not cashed if we cleanup after using the room.

Most of the group will NOT be young onset.  I decided that even if I'm the youngest at 51 the group is a good idea and we can still learn from each other.  I went to the home of a 58 yr old parkie today and took materials from the  health fair.  They are interested in the support group, too.  The spouse had called me and said everyone they told of the PD diagnosis said, "You have to talk to Jeanette Fuhr."  Talk about feeling pressure after that comment.  The meeting with the couple went well and I even got invited to stay for lunch!!!

Nothing makes you feel better than helping someone realize that they can live after a diagnosis of Parkinson's.  I just tried to be honest, upbeat and realistic.....the traits I recognized in the PIEN family when I joined after my diagnosis in 1997.

Jeanette Fuhr