To all,
Thanks for your speedy replies to my Eldepryl post.  My concerns are
somewhat eased, I think.  Any more ideas?

To Will Johnnston,
>#1.  Be sure that the people running your unnamed agonist study are aware of
>ALL medication changes.
You bet, they are meticulous about that.--They even want to know if I
change brands of hand lotion!  Have you "been there, done that"?

To Sue Weiler
>What the heck is "livido
>reticularis"?  And what does it say is risky about Eldepryl?....
>Sorry to contradict you but I guess this really is a designer disease.>
Designer disease indeed. I am just beginning to comprehend that!

Livido, as I understand it, is a peculiar flushing of capillaries in the
lower body, presenting the appearance of a mesh or network of blood
vessels just under the skin.  It looks almost like a light purple mesh
stocking on the legs.  Contra-indictions seem to apply to some of my
other medications, for hypertension and possibly for Asthma.  These can
be altered if necessary.

Stacey, Thank you.  I will indeed report what happens if I take the
Eldepryl plunge.  Now, without the amantadine, I have about enough energy
to visit with my grand children, but not enough to care for them.  And,
the ankle swelling has not abated much so far. The clinical trial
Dopamine agonist and amantadine constitute my only experience with
medications for Parkinson's.  I have a lot to learn and I am
conservative, perhaps to a fault.
>Nancy, wow, you sound like me!  I am also on a new dopamine agonist (the new
>generation of Mirapex) and have had great results.  Prior to being put on it
>I was taking both Amantadine and Eldepryl.  I  quit the Eldepryl about 3
>weeks ago.  I have noticed a return of some of the stiffness but the
>"drugged" feeling is gone.  I am only on 100mg of Amantadine per day and
>would like to phase it out as well.  If you do go on the Eldepryl, I will be
>curious to hear how it affects you.

Nancy K.
64 now/ DX 62/ vague since 56