[ FWD MESSAGE on behalf of Olga Rónaky" <[log in to unmask]> ]

Information about a special Hungarian Institute and method for disabled
persons

Dear Friends,

We have a very special institute in Budapest for disabled children and
adults + therapists, where so called "conductors" help the ones to move
mostly in case of serious movement disorders. It is the "Peto Andras
Institute for Conductive Education of the Motor-Disabled and Conductor's
College".

In this institute there are conductive therapy groups for PWPs, too. It is
very difficult to describe how does it work, it is very special, unique and
especially developed for such kind of people as we are. Last year when I
visited them at first time, I was not able to lift my arms above my
shoulders, I had serious postural instability etc.

I spent there two weeks, with very hard work, BUT after the very special
trainings I could do exercises on the wallbars! We were trained, among
others,  to develop our hand and finger skills, to learn to write with both
of our hands, we were practicing the right way of breathing, they taught us
how to stop and/or control  the tremor for a short or  longer  time - in
order to be able to write your signature,  for example. These are not
gymnastics, not simple training exercises - these are special kinds of
movings that help you to keep your body in "your hands" till it is possible.
After a two-week conductive therapy your abilities grow up to the sky and it
lasts at least for 2-3 months or even more. Foreigners are taught also to do
the trainings at home by their own!

Firstly they were specialized on children, but they already accept adults,
too - thanks God. The best way to be kept in your best form is to go to the
conductive training therapies is at least 2 times a week, but if you are not
a Budapest inhabitant or you are foreigner, it is adviced to spend 2 or 3
weeks continuously there.
They reach fantastic results, and a lot of children can be found in this
institute from all parts of the world. When you visit the Institute and
watch the little kids' efforts and their victories over their illnesses and
movement disorders, you will cry and laugh at the same time. And you forget
your own trouble, you are able only to be happy with them.

(Unfortunately it is a serious problem for me to spend there 2 or 3 weeks-
every time when I want to leave my home, I have to find "dog and cat and
house"-sitters. And it is not so simple in my little town... The last time I
could go there was in March.)

As far as I know the conductors are regurarly sent to abroad to teach the
expectant conductors of that certain country, and, more frequently,
expectant conductors come to Hungary to get acquainted with the Peto-method.
Maybe this therapy is known in your area, or perhaps you can search for it -
it is worthwile!

If you are interested in the work of this institute, do not hesitate to
visit

www.peto.hu/english

Best wishes,

Olga