In a message dated 11/3/2001 8:27:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I received the following message from CenterWatch about clinical trials
in many locations for rasagiline. SEE summary of the study below and the
forwarded message. Is anyone already participating in a  trial of this
drug?
Linda

Linda,

I have been participating in the rasagiline trial at the Duke University site
since Sept.  The drug is an advanced form of Eldepryl.  It is a small pill
that is taken only once a day.  They are also looking for neuroprotective
properties (i.e. slowing or halting of the degeneration of the brain).  The
trial is in Phase III.  In the first two phases, minimal side effects were
found.  For the first six months of the trial, one-half of the subjects take
the drug and the other half takes a placebo.  In the second six months, all
subjects take the drug.  Subjects are required to do some "homework"
occasionally.  For a few sets of three days each, each subject must record
his/her ON/OFF periods.  There are also times when you have to keep a diary
of what you eat for your main meal each day and record your blood pressure
before and after the meal (this is very simple -- you receive a device has
the usual cuff that squeezes your arm, but it is activated by the push of a
button, provides a digital read-out of the pressure and pulse rate, and sends
the data via internal modem to the clinical trial site).

I also sent out the CenterWatch notice just before I read your posting.
Sorry for the duplication, folks.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Rees Jenkins