This discussion has been interesting, and also disturbing. From what Dr.
Romero wrote about rasagiline, it seems to me that all these newly
announced clinical trials are likely to be a waste of  time and effort
for the clinicians and patients involved- for a new drug that doesn't
offer any benefits over what is already available. And the even the
currently available drug may be of questionable value itself.
What will these trials do to advance PD research and treatment? It seems
very disappointing.
This is what also concerns me about the limits on federal funding of stem
cell research. We're told the drug companies will continue their research
anyway, but can we trust that  their research will be in the best
interest of patients hoping for a cure?
Linda