In a message dated 11/4/2001 12:28:52 PM, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< It is not clear that the so-called "amphetamine like properties" in

selegiline are a disadvantage.  Indeed, selegiline has antidepressant and

"energizing" qualities, probably in part due to those same qualities which

the drug company for the other side has focused on. >>

Indeed, these qualities are the ones that make seligiline my current drug of
choice.

I also believe the reuptake-blocking mechanism does somewhat smooth out my
symptoms, since I notice a difference when I don't take my daily (5 mg) dose.

Kathleen