> PD
> symptoms, except for fatigue which is occasionally extreme but comes and
> goes, "off and on".
This comment reminded me of one of the "lighter" moments I remember from my
walk with Parkinson's.  It used to be when I was still working and sleep
deprived, I would just fall asleep as soon as I sat down on our sofa.  I
would literally nod off mid-sentence.  My husband got exasperated one day
and exclaimed, "You act like you're on drugs!"  I just giggled and said,
"Why dear, I AM on drugs, LOTS of them!"

I have had PD for 18 years, dx about 11 years ago.  (48/37/30)
I have had the DBS/STN surgery, and my stamina is much improved.  I am also
on SSDI and can nap whenever the need strikes, which isn't daily anymore.
I'm not on so many meds now either.

I used to take Eldepryl and definitely did much better on it than off.  I
tried to withdraw from it for a research test, and after 2-3 days, called my
doctor and told him I wasn't doing well.  He said 'forget the test.  Your
quality of life is more important.  We have plenty of others who can test.'
(Dr. Koller)

The biggest drawbacks to Eldepryl is the MAO inhibitor contraindications.
You can lose your life from using an over-the-counter drug.  You have to be
vigilant with other heath-care workers that you aren't given something that
could also have fatal consequences.  In my case it was Demerol.

When they say PD is a "snowflake" disease because no two people are alike in
their symptoms, they weren't kidding.  You have to do what is best for YOU.
It's your quality of life that is important.

Carole C.