From: "Melba Beers" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: seligiline

To all who were asking about seligiline:

I finally got brave enough to try it, after letting it sit on the shelf for
3 weeks.  I was leary about starting another med, but I'm happy I did.  My
body was hurting so badly, I felt I better try it.  The pain is almost
completely gone.  I can get up from the chair with one try and not have to
prepare myself slowly to the edge and hold the arms of the chair.  I can
walk with ease and not feel I am using lead shoes.  I am able to stand
working the full days and occassionally an hour more.  I can start
exercising again.  I'm glad its working for me.

My parkinsons meds are Requip 1.25 mg x 3d, Amantidine 100mg x 2d and now
seligiline 5 mg x 2 d.

Melba