Hello all,

In regard to some of the questions and comments about selegiline that
have been raised here:

Selegiline HCL/Eldepryl was the first anti-PD med prescribed for me
over 10 years ago. The practice both then and now is to introduce
levodopa later, when other meds, including dopamine agonists, aren't
sufficient to quell symptoms.

Selegiline has as many as four benefits that I have read about.

1. it prevents the breakdown of dopamine,

2. it is an antidepressant,

3. it delays the onset of one aspect of freezing (gait initiation),
and

4. it is thought by some to be neuroprotective.

I receive no kickbacks from the drug industry, nor do I have any
connection to the it!

Phil Tompkins
age 63/dx 1990