Date sent:              Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:58:37 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Lorraine Jeffe <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: blips
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> The discussion of "blackout" spells" is interesting.I referred to
> these short events as dizziness,but the descriptions that are being
> given seem to describe them better. I have been on Requip since mid
> summer. Just recently(the last few) days I've been taking it every 7
> or 8 hrs. and have had just one "spell".However, I never kept records
> before.Also I don't recall ever experiencing this before the Requip.

Requip is well-known for these sudden "sleep attacks".  They do not
occur in all patients, but they occur in sufficient numbers that many
feel that such patients should not drive while taking Requip or
Mirapex.  Some states are considering (if not already done) not
allowing people on those medications to have drivers licenses.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"