Hi Gloria & Group -

Just like you, Gloria, PD entered my life at age 32 and I am now 53.
Presently I am serving on a committee at HHS / NIH in Washington that is
concerned with xenotransplantation (cross-species) therapy.

You can read all about this experimental surgery, which I had in 1996, at URL:

 <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/index.html">
http://www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/index.html</A>

Of course XT technology is expected to have a much wider influence on medical
science.  Predictions are for applications in human organ replacement such as
hearts, kidneys, lungs, etc.  But the scientists decided to try cell
replacement for the treatment of PD as the starting point in this exciting
research.  I am very fortunate to be 1 of the first group of 12 anywhere on
the planet selected to participate.

Jim Finn