Simon,
you wrote:
<<You may know that letters from Parkinson's sufferers was crucial in
persuading the UK's Parliament to approve Stem Cell research into serious

diseases such as PD.
Members of the European Parliament will be voting on 14th November on the

Fiori Report - voting for the report would signal disapproval for Stem
Cell
research such as that approved in the UK.
It is important that people in Europe email their MEPs to ensure that
they
are fully aware of the implications and views of those with Pd. >>

 -- Thanks for sharing this news with the list. Hopefully there will
again be a good response from PWP in Europe and the Fiori Report will be
voted down.
The outcome of the vote  should also be of interest to those of us in the
U.S.
When President Bush limited the stem cell lines that could receive
federal research funding on Aug.9 - it was often argued that the research
would continue unimpeded anyway in many other countries. We looked to
countries such as the U.K. with hope that your scientists' progress
towards a breakthrough would advance faster, with the full support of
your government. But it appears it is not so simple.
We should be aware that there is opposition threatening  stem cell
research  in other countries as well.
Please let the List know the outcome of the vote. You have the support of
many of us.
Linda